This is my first Love-a-thon, a bookish event to get bloggers, booktubers, and bookstagramers (is that the right noun?) introduced. It lasts 2 days and includes a lot of events to get people writing, talking, and having fun. It's hosted by Alexa, Cee, Kristin, and Mel.
I found out about the event a little late, so I'm just getting started. I'll also be in and out all weekend, but I'll participate in all the events I can!
Here's my introduction post!
An Introduction to You and Your Blog
1. What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from?
Hi, I'm Ashley, and I'm blogging from Memphis, Tennessee!
2. Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader?
I've always been a reader. I have a vivid memory of going to the library with my mom before I started kindergarten, and the stack of books we picked out. I'm sure we'd read a lot together before then, but that was the trip when I began reading the books we picked out.
3. How did you get involved in the online book community?
I'm pretty new. I've been on Goodreads forever, though. I started noticing the same names reviewing the same books I both loved and hated, and started following them and reading their blogs. I hadn't really considered blogging before, but they inspired me to try. My blog is still less than 6 months old, though, and I'm certainly new to the Twitter community.
4. How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc)? How did you come up with your blog name?
I'm definitely a writer. There's no way I'd be a booktuber. There are a ton of accounts I love so much, but the idea of talking to a camera for any length of time about anything fills me with so much dread I'd never read a book again if I had to film myself talking about it. I have an Instagram, and I love looking at others' Bookstagrams, but I've not really done it. BUT I am remodeling my office with all new bookshelves, so we might see a change in this.
5. What’s your favorite thing about the online book community?
I love how impassioned this community is, and how close-knit. It's such a smart group of people.
6. What sort of posts can readers expect from you?
I write book reviews of mainly Young Adult and New Adult novels, but that's not to say you'll never find another type of book reviewed. I also post some wrap-up blogs and list posts. I also have a few ideas in the works for upcoming features, so stay tuned!
7. What book genres do you talk about most?
Young adult fantasy and contemporary, New Adult angsty romances, dreamy fairy tale retellings...some thrillers or adult sci-fi reads.
1. Favorite food? Beverage?
Food: Lemongrass tofu vermicelli Beverage: Orange juice, iced green tea
2. Favorite color?
Green and blue
3. Favorite things to do apart from reading?
Hang out with my husband and friends, pet and talk to my dogs, will my plants to keep on living.
4. Favorite TV shows?
All-time favorites: Buffy, Felicity, Grey's Anatomy
Current favorites: The Magicians, Vikings
5. Favorite movies?
Moulin Rouge!, Pitch Perfect, Cluess, Reality Bites
6. Favorite musical artists?
Jenny Lewis, Vampire Weekend, Fleetwood Mac, The Lumineers
7. Favorite places to shop?
I hate leaving my house to go shop, so I like Amazon a lot. But I also love going to the grocery store and to Costco.
1. Favorite childhood books?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (my mother gave me a copy when I was way too young), Christopher Pike, R.L. Stein, Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High
2. Favorite series read in the last five years?
Razorland series by Ann Aguirre
Daugher of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor
Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas
3. Favorite genres?
Young adult fantasy, New Adult romance (for some reason I've really gotten into stories about athletes?!?!), historical romance
4. Underrated book, series or author you love?
I wish I saw people talking about the Razorland series more.
5. A book you want to see made into a film or tv show? Hah, not to keep repeating myself, but I'd love to see a film series of the Razorland books.
6. Books you want to read in 2017?
Ahhh....all of them! I did write a post earlier this year about the 2017 Debuts I'm super excited about.